Saturday, February 15, 2014

CD-R KING WIRELESS-N AP ROUTER

My husband, Ryan, is a certified computer addict. Well, I haven't really known the extent of his addiction until lately, where he seem to be comfortable with the idea of bugging me night and day that I should apply to the ISP in our city (PLDT) and inquire if we are legible to avail their internet service.

And so I chose PLDT MYBRO HOME WIRELESS CANOPY (something like that). I was really expecting a wireless connection. In my definition, a type of connection where I can connect our devices at home at the same time. 

The JOKE was on ME!

I forgot, wireless meant that the connection does not require wires to connect to the internet. Jeez! So the problem now is to establish a WI-FI connection. I can't afford a CISCO router. Believe me its not part of my budget.

Therefore, I went to CD-R KING and purchased the WIRELESS-N AP ROUTER (REPEATER) thing. Or the WR-NET-024-ZI model. It was only Php680.00

The device has a 4 LAN ports and 1 WAN. It also contains a USER MANUAL (which in my case doesn't really help), a small cd and a short cable.

In order to share the internet connection of MYBRO CANOPY, you just have to do the following:
1. Visit the http://192.168.1.1/ on your browser.
2. Click NETWORK SETTINGS.
3. Then click the WAN SETUP.
4. Choose the STATIC IP button.
5. Then provide the PRIMARY DNS ADDRESS. ( You can easily capture the DNS address by following Step1, then click WAN STATUS. Use the given DNS address of the router.)
6. Click APPLY.

NOTE: Please make sure you have copied the MAC address of at least ONE PC or LAPTOP. It should look like this except for the




Just wait for a few seconds and YOU GOT WIFI. ;)

Hope this post helped everyone out there wondering! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Bakit po pag niloload ko yang http://192.168.1.1/ eh ang lumalabas po ay web page not available ?

    ReplyDelete